I have been snooping through my followers and seeing who they are following. I've noticed A LOT of women are following weight loss blogs & honestly it intrigued me. Before I found out I was pregnant I was on my own journey of weight loss. Last June I went to the doctor's for my annual and found out I weighed 213 pounds. Personally it disgusted me! That was the heaviest I have ever been and when the doctor told me my blood pressure and cholesterol were high because of my unnecessary weight... I got scared.
You see my family has a history of being overweight, or as my doctor ever so kindly put it... Obese. My mother, my nana, my younger sister, even my dad isn't all that small. I don't want that for me, my son, or my husband. I want to be healthy, & honestly I don't think it's too much to ask! So when the doctor informed me of my weight I asked what to do to make it... well disappear. She said to cut back on sodium, calories, and to exercise more. I'm not gonna lie I never exercised. I hated it so much, and it always wore me out. I never felt like any progress was being made, so why should I waste my time? Well I decided to set a goal for myself and go with it. My ultimate goal was 125.
Well by my birthday... September 7th I had brought my weight down to 188. This made me VERY happy. I wasn't near my goal yet, but heck I had lost 25 pounds! That to me felt awesome. & I had no secret as to how it happened. I had been doing just as my doctor said. I wasn't cheating with using dietary supplements. (& I promise I don't mean to offend anyone with that, I've used them in the past with no luck.) I was doing it by just watching what I eat and walking for 30-45 minutes a day using Comcast's on Demand Exercise TV. I walked 2-3 miles right in my living room without spending $300 on a nice treadmill! CRAZY!
By February I found myself down to 165, I was pregnant at the time... didn't find out till a little later though. So I was down 48 pounds! I was so excited about this... the next 2 weeks I fluxuated between 161-163 then found out I was pregnant so I stopped doing the dieting and what not.
Once the baby is out though I'm going to get on the ball with my weight loss again. Honestly I can't wait to be skinny again. I miss my short shorts, mini skirts, belly tops, bikini's, etc... Not that I'll be showing off my midriff with all the fabulous stretch marks my son gave me... But still! Just knowing that I won't have a muffin top anymore will make me very happy!
To all you ladies who are doing your own thing with weight loss, I wish you the best & I will try to follow you every step of the way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hey on our Facebook group, Faith, hope and love Neva is a personal trainer and she is putting together a program for us all and setting up times to talk and answer questions. Let me know if you would be interested ;) you can email me @ Charmommy04@yahoo.com or Hit me up on FB!!!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to get into losing the weight now, but with being pregnant it isn't practical. I've been doing prenatal exercise though :) I'll add you on Facebook though and go from there :)
ReplyDelete