Saturday, July 31, 2010
Random Assortment
Well I got my new hair straightener Thursday! I went from looking like a wild poodle to looking pretty delicious if I do say so myself! I really enjoy my new straightener. It's awesome! I used some heat protection stuff with it since it gets so hot. All in all, it took me literally 20 minutes to straighten... that poofy thing! That's really good for me, so as I said, it's awesome!
In other news, today was my third day in a row with walking. Day one I did 2.2 miles, day two I did 2 miles, and today... day three I did 2.5 miles. I have already mapped out a 2.9 mile walk for tomorrow! Amanda came with me today and her husband watched the boys, it was nice being able to just walk and not have to worry about pushing a stroller or a little boy trying to jump out of it, that ones always interesting! I have to feed a ferret for the lady I babysit for (Damian's mom) so I mapped out our walk to go right by her house so we can stop and then continue the walk. I'm pretty sure some of it's up hill so it will be a bit more of a challenge if you will. & We'll have our weights this time around so I'm ready to tackle this! I wish I was able to make it an exact 3 miles if not more. I'm gonna take a look at the map again and see if there's a way for me to ad in at least .1 mile. There's gotta be! :)
Yesterday Dominik and Amanda's boys weren't getting along too well. Dominik gets along pretty well with her youngest son Alex but not so much with her older son Austin. I'm think it has something to do with him being older so he may tend to be bossy. But Yesterday Austin hit Dominik his nose and at another point took Dominik's shotgun and hit him in the stomach with it. I mean Dominik is by no means an innocent little boy, he does his fair share of damage, from my understanding he also hit Alex (her younger son) with a dinosaur. But yesterday was a bit much, as it all happened before 1PM. Not to mention they all kept randomly fighting throughout the morning and had gotten told several times by me not to run through the house. So I asked Amanda to just keep her boys downstairs and I kept Dom upstairs. I think they needed a break from each other.
Dominik isn't used to playing with other kids every single day. & As much as he puts up a fight to be able to, I don't think he can handle it. The more times in a row he plays with someone it seems like the easier it is for him to get aggravated with them. Which is how I am, so I understand it. Dominik is an only child and has been for almost 5 years, he plays with other kids often, but not normally the same kids more than like 2 days in a row. When he was in daycare he didn't even go every single day, so when he went for like 3 or 4 days in a row, he'd come home complaining about different kids. The first couple days it would always be about girls and then it moved on to how this one boy wouldn't share or he's mean, etc.
By last night Dominik and Alex were playing together again while Amanda and I did our walk. So that's a plus!
Anyways, the days are narrowing down significantly to when the hubby will be coming home. I'm missing him so much I can't even begin to explain it! I just want him home with me. As of right now we're at a wait of one and a half weeks and Josh leaves Iraq to start heading over in about one week! So exciting!! None of us can wait! Late August 12th is when we'll be leaving to head to Ohio, meaning Josh will be home before then! He's gonna have to change my oil and the oil pan gasket before our trip though so we don't have any issues on our drive. My oil has been leaking and Amanda's husband is a mechanic so I had him take a look to see what it was and he said that the gasket thing needed to be replaced, that it'd probably not a good idea to drive long distances before having it fixed. So Josh will take care of that for me.
I'll write more later, I'm gonna go do dishes and clean up the living room, possibly work on my room depending what time I get finished with the rest of the house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment