Thursday, September 30, 2010

Army

Well as the title of the blog says I have been seriously considering joining the Army. I've been looking into the MOS Patient Administration Specialist (68G). It requires 9 weeks of Basic Training and 7 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. It's basically clerical work, but I know that it's something I would enjoy doing as I actually like doing that kind of thing. I've been looking at requirements for the entire thing, like the weight requirement... My weight will need to be at or below 141, otherwise I will need to be taped. So that's going to take some training on my end before I even bother seeing a recruiter.


I know joining would be quite an experience for me and would help my family out immensely. I truly want to contribute, and I know being a stay at home mom isn't doing that. The training would be hard for me I'm sure. I'm so out of shape it's disgusting to me. I've been working on it, I truly have. I want to be healthy again, I need to be healthy again. I want my body slim and toned, and honestly I don't think that's much to ask.


I know that I truly lucked out that I got pregnant by Joshua, I mean he could have walked out like most other guys... But he didn't. He never once pulled the "baby mama" card on me. Never told me he didn't care or anything. He stood up and was a man about it... He took on his responsibility. I am so incredibly grateful for him! But I don't think it's fair that he is the one that has been providing for our family for so long. It's time I do something too.


Now I know some of you are probably thinking that this was his idea, but I can assure you that it is not. I have wanted to join the military since I was in JROTC in high school. Back then I wanted it to be the Airforce though... Now it's the Army. :) Now I chose the Army after Joshua and I talked about it and looked up the Army Married Couples Program, basically this means we would always be stationed together. If he moves to Alaska, guess who gets to go with?! I just need to have a steady paycheck coming in. With me being in it would literally double our income, and that in itself is just awesome.


Another question I'm sure you have is, "What about Dominik, what will happen with him if you both deploy?". Now this is the hardest thing about both of us being Active Duty. For the deployment aspect of it Josh has spoken with his mother and if we both deploy together (which from my understanding would be pretty awesome!) then he would go with her for the duration of the deployment. We wouldn't just ship him off there, we would still provide financially for him and what not. He's our little man, and I know us having more money to provide for him and to be sure we always have things he needs or wants without putting us in debt would benefit our family greatly.


Well that's it I suppose about that for now. :) Write more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment