| Dominik's first school photo. October 2010 |
Dominik has been in school for about 3 months now and is doing great! He is having so much fun learning all sorts of new things. He has been really into reading lately, so I've been making frequent trips to the library here in town for him to pick out different books. He mainly likes books about puppies! I also let him pick some DVD's from there because they have quite a selection, even some Blu Ray! & It's all free to take out on my library card.
Anyways his academics have been doing pretty well. I'm not too satisfied with Kansas' overall academic plan. Since they have changed to full day Kindergarten, they have made their plan a tad bit ridiculous. They are treating Kindergarten as if it were first grade for the the first half of the school year and then the second half of the school year it changes to second grade work. Dominik has had a bit of an issue keeping up in class due the the fast pace curriculum. But he has been getting some extra help during their free time and I have been giving him a lot of one on one help at home. Overall I'm happy with his progress.
Josh will be coming home so soon! He'll be home for Christmas AND our 5th wedding Anniversary! I'm so happy that this deployment is about over with. I'm incredibly thankful that he has remained safe throughout his time there. I feel like the past year of our marriage has brought us extremely close together. We both seem to appreciate one another more and it has made us stronger than we've ever been before.
As for me, I've been trying to finish up some classes before I enlist into the Army come February or so. I wanna get training out of the way and go from there. I want our lives to be fully on track, so far we're half way there. This coming year is going to be life changing. Can't wait! I never thought I would be so excited to join the military. I mean I've always wanted to, but this is exciting!



No comments:
Post a Comment